Monday, July 20, 2009

Don’t waste food!!

It’s been long time I updated my blog L though I wanted to be active had no time!! :p Anyways once again thanks for those who have had visited my blog so far…

2day morning I received a mail “voted the best mail of the year – worth a look”. I opened the mail and scrolled it. I just remembered an incident in my life tat happened b4 2-3 months.. so I thot of sharing it with all..

Everyday my mom packed lunch for me cus of two reasons, she doesn’t want me to spoil my health by eating out and not to increase my pocket money :P. One fine morning, I was as usual late in getting ready to colg. I grabbed my class notes (err.. rarely I take notes too..), assignment file, pen drive and mobile fone from my table and dumped into my bag. My mom plunged the tiffin box into my bag and gave the usual advice, “do eat lunch properly otherwise ur health…”. Before she could finish tat I walked away towards the bus stop.

We had four classes in the morning and v were supposed to submit our assignments in the lunch break. Since there was no free time in the morning I completed my assignments at the end of the lunch time and submitted. There was only 5 minutes more for the next class to start. So I thot skipping lunch and attend the class(I didn’t want to get lack of attendance..). in few minutes all our mobile fones beeped with the msg “5th and 6th hr cancelled”. So v had no classes in the afternoon. Me and my friends planned to go out for lunch. There was a big discussion and v finalized to go to KFC. Around 7 of my frenz went there and had lunch. From there v went to fruitshop and then to broken bridge. After tat v left home..

Around 6 30 pm Me reached bus stop and walked towards my house. Ouch.. I forgot to throw the lunch!! Near my house there was a ground, I went there to throw out my lunch to avoid scoldings from my mom. Wen I went to tat ground a small gal ran from the house with a plate.

“akka akka.. pls put the food in dis plate” , she asked.

The food was cooked in the morning. So I didn’t want her to eat tat.

“mm..err.. Actually.. the food was stale. U must not eat this” . I didn’t want to disappoint her. I took few coins from my purse and offered her.

“oh.. thank you so much.. but give tat food also. I will be grateful. I didn’t have my lunch yet.. I can keep dis money for tomorrow. Akka its not stale and all. Even it is not fresh no prob give it. Few days bak u threw food over here. I took it and ate. Tats y on seeing u I came running for food. Here afterwards don’t throw it down, I will be here only.. pls give it to me..”

“u wont go to school..??’, before she could answer me few more kids came running to share food with her. I walked away from there with tears. Tat afternoon I had lunch in A/c room with my frenz happily.. But still there are ppl who are starving in hunger and poverty. v had so many options to where to eat ..Ready to eat whatever they get. L

P.S.: pls don’t waste food. If u feel tat u ve excess pls do share it with ppl who r in need.

1 comment:

  1. hey.. thank u so much.. hope u too wnt waste food anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete